WHAT IS NAVIANCE?
Naviance is a web-based program that helps students explore their strengths & interests, research careers and post-secondary institutions, as well as track their post-secondary college application process. The path to career readiness begins with self-discovery. Naviance allows students to learn about their strengths and reflect on their interests. Assessments provide suggestions on how to apply personality traits and learning styles in class, in addition to helping students discover career options based on their interests and strengths. Armed with this information, students can plan courses to complement their career pathway.
At each grade level, College & Career Access Counselors (CCAC) and students work together to explore and use the different features of Naviance. Additionally, Naviance is used extensively in our required Career Pathways course.
In addition to a homepage that provides important news and dates from the MNHS College & Career Access Center, Naviance has five parts: Self Discovery, Careers, Colleges, Planner and About Me.
THE NAVIANCE HOME PAGE OFFERS:
- Messages from the College & Career Access Counselors (CCAC)
- Links to important websites
- The schedule of colleges visiting MNHS
- Important To-Do’s and Tasks
"COLLEGES" HELPS STUDENTS:
- Search for colleges
- Research colleges
- Compare student GPA/SAT scores to former students’ and college admission statistics
- Create a file of “Schools I’m Thinking About”
- Request teacher recommendations
- Request transcripts
- Search for scholarships
"CAREERS" HELPS STUDENTS:
- Research and explore different specific careers/jobs
- Research and explore different career clusters and pathways
- View more than 3,500 career-related videos
"SELF DISCOVERY" HELPS STUDENTS:
- Take surveys that help match abilities and interests to different careers
- Store and review previous searches and assessments
- Explore learning styles
"PLANNER" HELPS STUDENTS:
- Set goals
- Create To Do Lists
"ABOUT ME" HELPS STUDENTS:
- Create a resume
- View SAT/Subject Test and ACT test scores
- View GPA
- View their goals, journal and portfolio