The mission of the College and Career Access Center (CCAC) is to promote and enhance the learning process. To this end, the counseling staff offers a wide range of programs and services designed to facilitate student growth in the areas of academic, career, and college.
ABOUT THE CCAC
Students meet with counselors to discuss concerns in an atmosphere of confidentiality. Appointments are scheduled at a time convenient for students and least disruptive to the educational program.
The MNHS Counseling Department offers a variety of programs:
- Academic counseling, course planning, and course selection.
- Post-high school planning and exploration.
- Career counseling and information.
- Parent and teacher communication and conferences.
- Achievement and college admissions testing.
- Vocational interests.
- Computer-assisted counseling information.
Our CCAC counselors oversee the Course Selection process.
- Each spring students/parents are given an opportunity to select courses for the following school year.
Four Year Counseling Curriculum:
- Seniors: Finalize post-high school plan, college/technical school/job applications, Senior Project.
- Juniors: Career initiative, post-high school planning, interviews.
- Sophomores: Career interests and College Board online access.
- Freshmen: High school orientation and 4-year high school plan.